Effective June 29, 2009 Premium Processing for most I-140 immigration petitions will resume, USCIS has announced.
I-140 Premium Processing will be available for the following classifications:
- EB-1 Aliens with Extraordinary Ability
- EB-1 Outstanding Professors and Researchers
- EB-2 Members of Professions with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability
- EB-3 Professionals
- EB-3 Skilled Workers
- EB-3 Workers other than Skilled Workers and Professionals.
Premium Processing still will not be available for:
- EB-1 Multinational Executives and Managers
- EB-2 National Interest Waiver.
For the $1,000 fee for Premium Processing Service, USCIS guarantees that within 15 calendar days of receipt it will issue either an approval notice, a notice of intent to deny, a request for evidence, or open an investigation for fraud or misrepresentation.
If the petition is not processed within 15 calendar days, USCIS said it will refund the $1,000 fee and continue to process the request as part of the Premium Processing Service.